Sunday, April 1, 2012

If I could keep her little...

There is a book Isabella and I read that talks about keeping her little...it says "If I could keep you little I'd hum you lullabies....but then I'd miss you singing your concerts big surprise....If I could keep you little I'd hold your hand everywhere....but then I'd miss you knowing 'I can go you stay there'....if I could keep you little I'd kiss your cuts and scrapes...but then I'd miss you learning from your own mistakes...If I could keep you little I'd strap you in real right...but then I'd miss you swinging from your treetop height" ok you get the jist of it before I start crying on the keyboard haha.....Everyday I am amazed at something she does...a few days ago she was playing her piano while sitting on the back of it...just because it was new...and now Boston has taught her about the moon and she gets very excited to see it...I can't believe that it's been 2 years now since I first started telling people that she was on her way....I had absolutely no idea what this little girl would do to my life but I am so thankful for her she is really amazing...so I'm trying not to be sad that she's not so little anymore and just embrace all the new quirks that make her....well her! 

The last page of the book is my favorite though....it says "If I could keep you little I'd keep you close to me but then I'd miss you growing into who you're meant to be"  Dream Big little lady you really are so special!!

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I promise, it keeps getting to be more and more fun as they get older. Isabella really is a pretty little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing to say when people say they can't believe how fast Lilly is growing is, "You gotta age to stay alive!" Thank God for her aging! :)

    ReplyDelete