Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mean Face at Babies R Us

Yesterday I went to pick up Isabella's crib....which I was very excited about. I went straight after work with Macs truck to make things easier...there was nothing easy about this trip....Macs parents got the crib for us (which was so nice) so they had talked to the people at the store here and then the store called me and told me to come pick it up.....so when I get there they have no record of any of this...and the very unhelpful person behind the counter was just looking at me like I was crazy because I was telling her that it was all already taken care of and I had spoken with someone just yesterday to schedule this pickup....I mean seriously it isn't like we have the most common last name, how many could there be. So after about 20 minutes of confusion she finally pulled her head out of her *** and found what I was looking for. Then she proceeds to tell me to just pull the truck around the back and press the service button and they will bring the crib out, I get back in the truck and drive around, I push the button and wait....and wait.....and wait....(I'm not very good at waiting either) so I start trying to distract myself, I put down the tail gait....make sure that I have bungee cords in case I need them....and then I push the button again....and no one appears, I'm super confused at this point because the people inside the store just sent me out here and now they are no where to be found. I call the store and get transferred a few times and while I'm waiting the door finally opens....it's been another 20 min at this point I'm sure.....the guy in the back proceeds to bring this giant box out and leans it against the truck and starts to walk away...I'm a little dumbfounded for a second, first off this box is huge, not sure how a such a little person's bed needs a box that big, second the guy is just walking away....I stop him and ask if he's going to help me get it in the truck, he looks irritated sighs and explains to me that he can't tie it down because it's a liability blah blah blah, and I say fine don't tie it down but could you at least put it in the truck, I'm pregnant I'm not supposed to be lifting much more than 25lbs (according to my last doctors visit) and this crazy person wants me to put this giant box in the truck....anyway he doesn't want to do it but does anyway....he leaves the bed half hanging off the tail gait and walks away....I seriously think steam is coming out of my ears by this point hahaha....so I climb up into the truck tail gait and all and use my hip to shove the bed the rest of the way into the truck bed and strap it down....I was so frustrated I started to cry which just made me more mad...I have always been a do it myself kind of person and feeling helpless like that was more than my emotions could take yesterday....but anyway we have the bed now and I have learned my lesson about going by myself when I'm picking something up, but jeez I thought a store that caters to predominantly pregnant people would be a little more helpful....it makes for a funny story now, I wish I had a video of my all ticked off trying to strap down that bed...hahahahahaha It's fun that her room is starting to come together and Babies R Us is very lucky that Mac is away right now...haha he was not a happy camper when I told him the story....I had to tell him to park his white horse in the stable for a minute....it's true though my gentleman did not understand how this guy could be such a jerk, I tried to explain to him that not everyone (not even the majority) of men are like him...I really got lucky with him!! =) I'm glad the crib is here now, and next week when I pick up the rest of the furniture I am going to take someone with me so there isn't a mushroom cloud over Babies R Us!!!

1 comment:

  1. that is ridiculous...you need to call and complain for sure!

    ReplyDelete