Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trip down the stairs....

Had an interesting night last night...I took a little spill down the stairs...I'm such a klutz...I slid mostly on my rear but rolled a bit when I got to the bottom. Thankfully my good friend Amber was around. I put a call into my OG/GYN and the doctor on call sent me into Labor and Delivery because my blood type is negative. They ran some blood work to see if getting jostled mixed my blood with Isabella's...they gave me a shot of Rhogam which I will have to have again after she is born if her blood type is positive. The tests haven't come back yet, but because I was far enough along they gave me the Rhogam anyway after watching us on the monitor sent me home. The worst part of the whole thing was getting my blood drawn (the nurse was terrible) I thought Amber (who is also a nurse) was going to rip the needle out of her hand haha...I am pretty sure my worst bruise today is from the blood draw and not the one from the fall...haha I'm glad everything turned out ok....I guess I need to be more careful on the stairs =)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! i am glad you're ok...scary. but sounds like you and the papoose will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete